EUC Number (Charta):
Erasmus Code: PL POZNAN02
In 1999 Poznan University of Technology (PUT) celebrated 80 anniversary of higher educational technical system in Poznan. It continues traditions of the State Higher School of Mechanical Engineering, which was opened in August 1919. The school remained open at the outbreak of the Second World War, during which time 716 graduates had completed their studies there. It was allocated in a building nowadays situated at M. Skłodowska-Curie Square, today the Rector’s Office. In 1929, the school changed its name to the State Higher School of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering. As a result of further development, the Higher School was to be given the status of a University in 1940. Unfortunately, this did not occur during the war period. In September 1945, the School received the title High School of Engineering and after ten years became Poznan University of Technology.
PUT is at present autonomous state institution consisting of nine faculties in which institutes and chairs over one thousand academic staff members do research and run educational tasks for over fourteen thousand students of full -time and part-time studies. PUT has been granted the right to confer doctorates in technical science. Moreover, it runs postgraduate studies within different faculties.
In 1995 PUT, as the first Polish University of Technology, became a member of the Conference of European Schools for Advanced Engineering Education and Research – CESAER-bringing together the best European Engineering Colleges and Universities of Technology. In 1999 PUT was the host organization of the IX CESAER Conference.
In the academic year 1999 / 2000 European Credit Transfer System –ECTS-was introduced at the PUT.
|Conference of European Schools for Advanced Engineering Education and Research (CESAER)|
|European Association for International Education (EAIE)|
|European Society for Engineering Education (SEFI)|
|Leonardo Network for Academic Mobility (LEONET)|
|No ranking is available for this institution.|