EUC Number (Charta):
Erasmus Code: PL POZNAN04
We are a dynamic and modern university with rich traditions. The beginnings date back to 1870 and they are connected with the activities of an outstanding philosopher, a patron of science and agricultural education, August Cieszkowski.
The mission of the Poznań University of Life Sciences (PULS) is focused on research and educational functions, ranging from the agricultural and food sectors, forestry, wood technology, the development of rural areas, environmental protection, biotechnology, biology, horticulture and finally landscape architecture.
Faculty of Agronomy
* Agriculture (specializations: Agronomy, Plant protection, Plant breeding and seed production)
* Agricultural and forestry engineering (specializations: Agricultural engineering, Economics and management of engineering services in agriculture, Information technology in agricultural engineering)
* Environmental protection
* Information Technology and Agri-engineering –a macrofield of study
Faculty of Forestry
* Forestry (specializations: Forest economy, Protection of forest environment)
Faculty of Animal Breeding and Biology
* Animal science (specializations: Animal breeding , Rural tourism)
* Biology (specialization: Applied biology)
Faculty of Wood Technology
* Wood Technology (specializations: Chemical Wood Technology, Furniture Design, Mechanical Wood Technology, Wood Protection and Modification)
Faculty of Horticulture
* Horticulture (specializations: General horticulture, Plant breeding and seed science and technology, Green space architecture, Production and management, Horticultural plant protection)
* Landscape Architecture
Faculty of Food Science and Nutrition
* Food technology and human nutrition (specializations: Food technology, Human nutrition, Food biotechnology)
* Commodity science
Faculty of Land Reclamation and Environmental Engineering
* Environmental engineering (specializations: Environmental management and protection engineering, Hydraulic engineering and sanitation of rural areas)
* Spatial development
Faculty of Economic and Social Sciences
* Economy (specialization: Economics in the agri-food sector)
* Finances and Accounting
* Social policy
At present the Poznań University of Life Sciences comprises a community of over 15 thousand people, consisting of 837 academic teachers (including 134 full professors), almost 300 doctoral students, approx. 13 000 students, as well as research and technical workers, librarians, administrative staff and service workers (a total of 780 employees).
The Poznań University of Life Sciences educates students within the framework of 8 faculties, 18 fields of regular studies (25 specializations) and 15 fields of extramural studies (16 specializations), all of high scientific standard. Each faculty is entitled to confer doctoral and post-doctoral degrees.
The educational offer of the university is based on a three-stage model:
first-degree studies (concluded with an engineer/bachelor's degree),
second-degree studies (concluded with the Master's degree)
third-degree studies (doctoral studies).
Post-graduate studies are offered within the framework of 18 specializations. For years now the educational offer has been regularly expanded and adapted to the needs of broadly understood agri-food business and requirements of the labour market. Five Centres of Excellence, twelve Agricultural and Forest Experimental Stations as well as the comprehensive approach to education reflect our dedication to provide high specialization of disciplines combined with interdisciplinary cooperation.
Excellent staff and superbly equipped laboratories, top quality teaching aids and the highest teaching standards facilitate both the education and research processes and as a consequence graduates of the Poznań University of Life Sciences find employment not only in Poland, but also abroad. The prestige of the university is enhanced by the high standard of research conducted in cooperation with approx. 100 universities and research institutions worldwide.
The University participates in international programmes such as LLP Erasmus, Leonardo da Vinci, COST, EUROFOREST and EU Framework Programmes. It intensively develops its educational and research activities in cooperation with partners from other EU member and affiliated countries. The European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) is used at the University, thanks to which student exchange is facilitated both on the national and international scale.
|European network of International Relations Officers at Higher Eduation Institutions for Agricultura (IROICA)|
|No ranking is available for this institution.|